Blogger Backgrounds

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Blog 3 Summarizing and Why

In my last class, i learned how to summarize text. I know summarizing is how we take larger selections of text and reduce them to their bare main points and key ideas by summarizing, i can now capture the main idea of the text in a brief description.I can manage and capture the key points of a text by summarizing. I also learned how to critique a summary by working in a group and reviewing other students work. I learned to use my own words, focus on main ideas, condense and mention the author's name when i summarize a text. My professor made learning summarizing easier for us by allowing us to work in groups. They say two heads is always better one. Working in groups allowed me to express myself. I also learned some summarizing tips from other students. After today's class, i learned key summarizing techniques i can use going forward and most important for my class. 

Until next time..

No comments:

Post a Comment